- Frozen peas – 2 tbsp
- Frozen corn – 2 tbsp
- carrot – Half, julienned Ads
- Beans,lettuce/cabbage, capsicum, cauliflower/broccoli – chopped
- Put all vegetables in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add salt a little in excess.
- Add water till all veggies are covered well.
- Microwave for 15 mins.
And its ready.
Usually people prefer to keep the amount of water correct. But using it a little in excess gives me the satisfaction of getting some stock for other uses like making rice or water for Roti dough. Makes me feel a little bit more health conscious. If its any consolation.
As far as dressing is concerned, I usually eat it as is. But on days I need a push, I find some dressing to add. And there is this one chutney my sis brings from Pune that is my current favorite. It is made of broken peanuts, garlic and Chillil powder among other things and it is just so yummy. I add one tbsp of it to the salad once in a while. On other days, it is simply the daily rasam that does the trick.Any way , the chutney is called Shenga Chutney and some pictures of the salad below.